There is no doubt that the most popular of all Cydia alternatives, of all unofficial app stores, is TweakBox. Packed with useful, cool, and fun apps, games, and Cydia tweaks, it is free, and the best apple appstore alternative, it works on all iOS devices running iOS 13 or lower.
What is TweakBox (Apple appstore alternative)?
It is an unofficial app installer released originally to replace Cydia. Now it seems to be the most popular alternative to the official app store. It offers more than 2000 apps, games, and tweaks, lots of them with new features, and it works on all iOS firmware, right up to iOS 13 and the new iPadOS.
- Best Password Managers for Desktops and Mobiles.
- Best Android Cleaner Apps to Clear Junk files, Cache & RAM.
- How to Deal with Pre-Installed Malware on Android Devices.
How to Download TweakBox:
This is simple to do:
- Open the Safari app browser and go to the official TweakBoxApp page
- Tap Download > Allow
- Open iOS Settings > General > Device Management
- Find the TweakBox profile and tap it
- Tap Install > install and wait
- When the icon is on your home screen, the installation has worked
TweakBox is one of the most user-friendly app installers to use:
- Open TweakBox by tapping the app icon
- Tap a category
- Find an app, game, or tweak and tap it
- Tap Install and follow the on-screen directions, if any, to install it
- When you see the app icon on your home page, it has successfully installed
As well as being free and not needing a jailbreak to work, TweakBox offers plenty of apps and games. To make life easy for you, the developers placed them all into categories for you:
- Exclusive Apps – unofficial apps and tweaks, including screen recorders, emulators and more
- Tweaks – iOS apps and tweaks to improve performance.
- 3rd-party Games – popular unofficial games, unlocked and with lots of extra features
How Safe Is TweakBox?
TweakBox is entirely safe to use. The fact that a jailbreak is not required, it means that iOS security is not compromised in any way. Plus, it is not resource-heavy, so it won’t have any effect on the way your device runs. There is a downside – Apple is highly likely to revoke the app certificate because it is unofficial. If they do, TweakBox will crash and stop working. There are two ways to get around this – use a recommended VPN or install an anti-revoke app on your device.
How to Fix the Untrusted Developer Error on iPhone?
Whenever you use unofficial apps on your device, you will face this error. It is because Apple does not recognize the developer and, therefore, doesn’t trust it. You, however, can, following these easy steps:
- Note the name of the developer from the error message and close it
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Find the name of the developer and tap it
- Tap Trust, close Settings, and the app will work without error.
How to Fix the Profile Installation Failed Error?
TweakBox is one of the most reliable app installers, but there is a common error being reported – the Profile Installation Failed error. This really isn’t anything to worry about and is easy to fix. In the first instance, wait for a couple of hours before you try to install TweakBox again – it could be that Apple’s servers are struggling to cope with the amount of traffic. If you still get the error, try this:
- Place your iPhone or iPad into Airplane mode and make sure that Wi-Fi is disconnected
- Open Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data
- Tap Clear History and Data
- Close the Settings option and take your device out of Airplane mode
- Make sure Wi-Fi has connected again and wait for a few minutes
- Install TweakBox again, and you should not see the error now
If you find that you cannot get on with TweakBox for any reason, you can delete it. And deleting it and reinstalling it is often the best way to clear any persistent errors. You can do this in two ways:
Method 1: Delete the App Icon
- Find and long-press on the app icon on your home screen
- When the icon starts wiggling, tap the x in the top corner
- Tap Delete
- Tap Delete again to confirm, and the app will be removed
Method 2: Deleting the App Profile
- Go into iOS Settings
- Tap on General > Profiles
- Tap on the profile for TweakBox and tap Delete
- TweakBox will be instantly removed
TweakBox is one of the most reliable and safe installers to use, a very popular alternative for both Cydia and the official iOS app store. However, it is not a replacement to Cydia and is not a jailbreak – don’t expect it to work the same way.
As a free iOS appstore alternative, though, it offers plenty of content and is a good way of getting back some Cydia tweaks while we wait for a new jailbreak to be released. Do try it; you might just find that you never go back to the official store again.