The smartphone became an essential gadget for everyone. Some people need their phones to work when it’s raining and or in a dusty place, while normal smartphones stop working under these conditions. But, rugged smartphones are heavy-duty and most durable phones and works in any kind of extreme conditions.
These indestructible rugged phones will not stop working under rain and dust places or any other harsh environments, such as construction sites, quarries, and etc. Rugged phones built with military-grade very strong materials so that these are the most durable phones and can last-long in all kinds of extreme conditions or even in a drop situation and survive more in heavy dust, water, drop situations, and extreme conditions.
Here is the list of best-rugged mobile phones for 2021 you can buy online, Let’s take a look here:
|CAT PHONES S61 Rugged Waterproof Smartphone with integrated FLIR camera||Buy Now|
|Ulefone Armor 10 5G Rugged Smartphones Unlocked, 8GB 128GB Waterproof Phones, 64MP AI Quad Camera, Android 10.||Buy Now|
|Blackview BV9900E Rugged Cell Phones Unlocked, IP68 Waterproof Smartphone, 6GB+128GB ROM Helio P90 Octa-core.||Buy Now|
|Ulefone Armor 3W Rugged Smartphone Unlocked, IP68 Waterproof Cell Phone, Android 9.0 10300mAh Big Battery.||Buy Now|
|Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro | Rugged (IP68 Rated) Unlocked (Verizon and AT&T) | Dual Sim | 64GB of Storage | SM-G715UZKDXAA, Black||Buy Now|
|CAT Phone S61 FLIR Thermal Camera, Laser Distance Measure, Air Quality Monitor, IP69 Waterproof, 4+64GB Dual SIM 4G LTE.||Buy Now|
Best Rugged Smartphones 2021 You Can Buy Online:
Here’s the list of 5 best-rugged phones which are currently available to buy online right now, to fulfill your requirements in outdoor working areas. Most rugged phones are having old hardware specs and an older version Android operating system. But, these heavy-duty mobile phones are well suitable for business and enterprise customers.
1. Caterpillar Cat S61:
Cat S61 is Caterpillar’s most durable phone well known for huge construction vehicles and machines, also they are makers of caterpillar rugged phones. Caterpillar Cat S61 is the Best Rugged Smartphone from the company. Cat S61 has some great features which we will not get on any other rugged mobile phone. The main feature is the FLIR thermal imaging camera.
The Caterpillar Cat S61 camera can be used by building inspectors to find any heat that’s being lost around windows and doors. It can also discover if an appliance like a washing mashing or oven is overheating. It can also find if any moisture is building up in a house where it is not supposed to be. It’s kind of like the Predator’s heat vision but in the real world. Caterpillar Cat S61’s price is $545.00 on Amazon.
In terms of hardware specs, the Cat S61 has a 5.2-inch 1,280 x 720 display and Google Android Oreo. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 octa-core CPU running at 2.2 GHz, along with 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage, a standard 16 MP rear camera, and an 8 MP front-facing camera. It also has a large 4500 mAh battery.
Caterpillar Cat S61 Specs:
- 5.2-inch display and 1,280 x 720 screen resolution.
- Android Oreo Operating System.
- Powered by 2.2 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor.
- 4 GB RAM, and 64 GB internal storage, can be expandable via microSD card.
- 16 MP FLIR thermal imaging front camera, and 8 MP front camera.
- 4500 mAh long-lasting battery.
2. Ulefone Armor 10 5G:
Ulefone Armor 10 5G is the most durable rugged smartphone, it has decent hardware for its price tag and it has advanced features like 5G, an underwater camera, and Wireless charging. The price is a little higher than Cat s61, Ulefone Armor 10 5G priced at $599.99 on Amazon.
Samsung 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera + 16MP Front Camera works underwater and the picture quality is pretty awesome. This heavy-duty smartphone comes with waterproof standards with IP68/IP69K Ratings, it will work in up to 1.2 meters in water for up to 30 minutes.
In fact, the company said, while testing this rugged smartphone phone in the lab, it found that phones can go even deeper in water, up to 1.5 meters, and keep working for 30 minutes. The Ulefone Armor 10 5G works with Sprint and T-Mobile networks and compatible with all 5G and 4G networks.
Ulefone Armor 10 5G specifications:
- 6.67-inch FHD display with 2400 x 1080 screen resolution.
- Runs on Android 10 (Android Q) OS.
- Powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800 with 5G, Octa-Core, up to 2.0GHz.
- 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage, can be expandable via a microSD card.
- Samsung 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera + 16MP Front Camera.
- 5800 mAh battery with wireless charging support.
- 2.4g/5G WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / VoLTE / HiFi.
3. Blackview BV9900E:
Blackview BV9900E is another rugged smartphone available right now. It will available in black color and comes with Android 10 (Q) powered with MediaTek Helio P90 processor. Coming to the memory it will available with 6GB of RAM and 128 GB internal memory this can expandable via a microSD card.
Blackview BV9900E Specifications:
- 84-Inch IPS display with 1080*2280 screen resolution (Gorilla Glass Protection).
- 48MP+16MP+2MP+0.3MP rear cameras and 16MP selfie camera.
- 6GB RAM and 128GB Internal Memory (Sdcard Support).
- 4380 mAh Li-On battery with 18W fast charging support.
- A waterproof device with IP68, IP69K rating.
- Fingerprint scanner for more security.
- Graphics powered with PowerVR GM9446 GPU.
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Most durable rugged smartphone.
4. Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro:
Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro is the best-rugged phone from Samsung, the main drawback to this device is it will work with Verizon and AT&T network carriers only. Coming to features and specifications this Samsung rugged phone bundles with many features you can find here:
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Specification:
- has powered with Exynos 9611 (10nm) Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) Processor.
- Runs on Android 10 (Q).
- 3-Inch IPS LCD display with 1080*2340 pixels resolution.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage with microSD card support.
- 25MP and Wide and 8MP Ultra Wide cameras and 13MP front camera.
- Dust and water-resistant with IP68.
- 4050 mAh battery with fast charging with 15W.
5. Ulefone Armor 3W:
Ulefone Armor 3W has a big battery rugged phone with a 10300 mAh battery. If you want a rugged smartphone with a long-lasting battery and the best performance you can buy this without any hesitation. It also has many advanced features like all other rugged phones available on amazon. You can find the complete specifications below.
Ulefone Armor 3W Specifications:
- Powered with MT6771T (Helio P70) Octa-core 64-bit 2.1GHz processor.
- Runs on the Android 9.0 Operating system.
- 6GB of RAM, 64GB Internal storage (microSD support up to 256GB).
- 5.7-Inch FHD display with 1080*2160 screen resolution.
- 21MP rear and 8MP front camera.
Here mentioned military-grade smartphones are the most durable rugged phones run on Android OS and comes with bundled features. And rugged phones are less popular among smartphone users while comparing to other high-end premium smartphones. But we will surely see more demand for rugged smartphones in the market for people working in harsh conditions.