It won’t have escaped your notice that jailbreaks have been very thin on the ground in recent years, and now Cydia is seeing very few updates. Yes, we have had the odd jailbreak, but mostly, they are semi-untethered and limited to specific devices. Thankfully, a group of brave developers has come to the rescue, and, over time, we have seen several Cydia and PlayStore alternatives released, none of which require a jailbreak to work. One of the originals and still one of the most popular was Panda Helper store, an app installer that offers lots of iOS and Android apps and games, some modified, some Android tweaks, and all for free.
Read on to find out more about the Panda Helper store and how to download it on your iOS or Android device?
How to Download the Panda Helper store?
Panda Helper is one of the most versatile of all app installers. As well as offering a great choice of content, it is perfectly compatible with Android devices as well as iOS. And, even better, it also works on Windows or Mac OS desktop too. Pick your platform and follow the steps:
Method 1: iOS
This works on all iOS devices supporting iOS 13 and lower:
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and go to the Panda Helper iOS website
- Tap Install to download the app profile
- Your settings app will open automatically; when it does, tap on Install and type your device passcode in
- Wait; when Safari browser opens again, tap on Install
- Tap on the Install option on the popup message to confirm and wait
- Settings open once more, tap Install > Next
- Tap Done on the last page and wait for the Panda Helper icon to show up on your home page
- If you do not see the icon, the installation has failed – repeat the steps until it works
It might take a few attempts to get it right, so just keep trying.
Method 2: Android
This works on Android 9 Pie or older:
- Open your Android settings app
- Tap on Security and enable the Unknown Sources option – if you don’t do this, Panda helper cannot be installed
- Open your mobile browser and go to the Panda Helper website
- Tap on the link to download the APK file
- Open your Downloads folder and double-tap the file
- When the installation has finished, the Panda Helper icon will be on your home page.
Method 3: Desktop
Panda Helper is also compatible with Windows 10 and Mac OS X Catalina, but you will need to download an Android emulator. We use Bluestacks simply because it is free and easy to use – you can use whichever one you are happy using:
- Download Bluestacks for your desktop platform.
- Go to the Panda Helper website and download the APK file onto your desktop.
- Launch Bluestacks and set it up – you will need a Google account for this, but you can set one up for free.
- Using Bluestacks, find the APK file and click it.
- When it has installed, you can access Panda Helper via the Bluestacks home screen.
How to Use Panda Helper?
This is very easy to do:
- Tap the app icon on your home screen to open Panda Helper
- Choose an app category – see below
- Browse through the apps and games or use the search box to find something specific
- Tap the game or the app you want and then tap Install
- Follow any on-screen instructions to install the app to your device
Panda Helper Features:
Panda Helper is full of cool apps and games, and the developers have sorted them all into four simple categories:
- Exclusive Apps – not found in official sources – emulators, screen recorders, streaming apps, Cydia tweaks, and more
- Tweaked Apps – popular apps with extra features and more
- 3rd-Party Games – Unofficial games unlocked and with extra features
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
We get loads of questions about the installer, and these are the common ones:
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, it is. Because no jailbreak is needed, Panda Helper does not require root access to your device. It works with the same permissions as any other app and doesn’t hack into your device security. The developers update it regularly to keep it safe, and SSL encryption is used to secure all downloads. You should use anti-virus software on your device as well, just to cover your own back, and you can also use one of the VPNs recommended for Panda Helper.
What is the Difference Between VIP Membership and Panda Helper VIP?
While both provide access to all the premium privileges and features, there is a small difference. Until now, a VIP subscription was needed for each separate device you wanted Panda Helper on. However, now you can purchase one VIP subscription and set up a membership. That can then be shared across all iOS devices. Unfortunately, the VIP membership is not available for Android devices, and you will still need separate ones for each device.
Do I Get a Discount If I Renew Early?
Yes. Provided you have 60 days or less remaining, and you can renew your membership with a 10% discount.
Do try Panda Helper. It is free, and you can easily delete it if you don’t get on with it. The fact that a jailbreak is no longer required is a huge bonus and makes Panda Helper available to so many more users. Try it and Like us on Facebook for more news and updates.