Google recently announced an algorithm update in July 2018 for mobile users, called “speed update” which will impact on slow-loading pages.
Yes, pages that load slow, deliver a bad experience to users.
Then, how to improve page load time?
CDN (Content Delivery Network) is the best way to speed up your website throughout the world.
Let’s assume that your web server is located in Germany, so when a user will open your website from Spain, France, or other European countries the server response will be blazing fast. But the problem comes when the user is located very far away from the server location. That’s where a CDN server comes in handy. Check the ‘best free CDN server for WordPress websites‘.
How does a CDN work?
- How to speed up WordPress 2020? With 10+ easy hacks.
- 15 Most Essential WordPress Plugins beyond 20XX.
5 amazing benefits of CDN server:
Here are the top 5 reasons why you need to use a CDN service for your WordPress website, provided by top bloggers and professionals.
- Browser load simultaneously more elements than usual: A website is consists of multiple elements. Browsers are limited to download only 4 at a time and the other elements will be queued. Which in results slow loading web pages. But, CDNs host data in the different domains, which permits browsers to download extra downloads at a time. This will significantly increase the page loading speed.
- Decrease the load on your server: Using a CDN means reducing the bandwidth of your server. It helps in boosting performance and also saves money.
- High capacity servers: If you are using a Good and reputed CDN then your static files are in a high capacity infrastructure. Cloudflare, Amazon, and MaxCDN use very high capacity servers which are much better than your web host servers.
- Free DDoS protection for websites.
- Website security with shared SSL certificates.
Check out the best CDN service for your WordPress websites:
These CDN’s are most effective to increase a website’s page loading speed, while they are expensive for some webmasters (website owners) and businesses. So, I have selected a few best open source content delivery networks (free CDN servers) to choose from. Check out the list.
- These are the best CDN service providers featuring a free plan.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Handy plug-ins to well integrate with WordPress websites.
Cloudflare is one of the best CDN services in the world featuring a free plan. Cloudflare has 30 data centers all over the world.
Cloudflare offers a WordPress plugin to make it easy to integrate CDN with your website. Also, Cloudflare free version gives free DDoS protection and a free shared SSL certificate.
CoralCDN is a peer-to-peer (P2P) based content delivery network that is free of cost. P2P networks use billions of computers connected throughout the world which makes CoralCDN free.
CoralCDN also offers a free plug-in for WordPress users. CoralCDN is a project of MIT
Incapsula is a very popular DDoS CDN, and very similar to Cloudflare in terms of features. They route all the website data through their data centers located worldwide. They have also Real-time threat protection to protect your website from suspicious activities.
Amazing features of Incapsula CDN:
- Global CDN
- Website security
- DDoS protection
- Load balancing
Photon is a free CDN service offered by Jetpack. This CDN only works for image files. You can use this CDN by installing the Jetpack plug-in in your WordPress blog and activate photon from the Jetpack menu.
Jetpack is only available for Self-hosted WordPress websites. Jetpack can also save some bandwidth on your web host.
SwarmCDN is a new player in the Industry. This CDN offers you a 10GB free transfer limit for Images. It is a Peer to peer CDN. Swarmify is available in 196 countries.
Cloudflare holds 1st among the best free CDN service providers. Incapsula is an emerging player and definitely worth a shot if you are looking for free CDN providers.
CorelCDN is a freemium service. Despite being a free CDN server, it offers the best premium features free of cost. This MIT backed project uses a different concept than all other CDNs on this list, and it actually works.
If you ask me, it is better to use one or more CDNs. To increase page load speed further you can use Cloudflare along with jsdelivr. You can also use a free image host like Flickr for high-resolution images on your website.
If you have any queries and suggestions for the best free CDN Services? Let us know in the comments section and we encourage you to share this post on your social profile. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more latest updates.