We, bloggers, love WordPress.
Obviously, we do…
WordPress is my favourite CMS (Content Management System) not because it is the most popular, open-sourced and easy to use.
But, I love WordPress for its large user-based community which helps you out with fixing errors, whenever your blog got stuck in troubles.
For its user-friendly interface and for enormous plug-ins availability, which lets you install and set up a basic website in minutes with having any coding knowledge.
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user…
WordPress plugins make your work look more professional and aids your SEO score by increasing user engagement.
Here are the few most essential WordPress plug-ins in 2019 that every blogger and webmasters should try. Also, read our Best WordPress Themes.
- All the below WordPress plugins are personally tested and being used.
- Installing and configuring wp-plugins subject to risk, your blog might end up with a loading error.
- Maintain a regular backup of your WordPress website before making any changes to it.
Most essential WordPress plugins for every blogger in 2019
1. JetPack by WordPress:
JetPack is the most powerful WordPress plugin. It has been using by many webmasters and developers. It offers design, marketing, and security for your blog or website.
JetPack has number themes with customization features for all type of blogs and websites. Also, it provides CDN (Content Delivery Network) for faster loading of Images and Videos. It also offers marketing services such as monetization, site stats and analytics, measurements, and promoting.
Note: JetPack advertiser program includes AdSense Ads, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, GoogleAdX, and Yahoo.
The most important feature of JetPack is Security services. It helps you with Spam, Brute force attacks, downtime monitoring, data backup, two-factor authentication (secure login), malware and code scanning.
- Lazy Loading on Mobile Devices.
- Integration with WordPress Mobile App.
- Fast and priority support from industry experts.
- PayPal Payment integration.
2. Advanced Database Cleaner:
WordPress stores orphaned items such as old revisions, old drafts, and spam comments. This Database cleaner helps you to clean-up your database and makes your blog/site faster and smoother.
Clean-up database includes:
- Delete old revisions of posts/pages.
- Delete old drafts of posts/pages.
- Delete old auto drafts.
- Delete pending comments.
- Delete spam comments.
- Delete trash comments.
- Delete orphan post-meta.
- Delete orphan comment-meta.
- Delete orphan relationships
- Delete orphan dashboard transient feeds.
You can choose what items to clean-up, schedule your database clean up to run automatically, optimize database and improve performance, schedule database optimization to run automatically, View and clean cron tasks (scheduled tasks), View and clean tables.
3. Broken Link Checker:
Having broken links are hurts your SEO score, use this plugin to identify and fix broken links on your WordPress blog/site. This is the best link checking plugin available.
- Monitors links in posts, pages, comments, blogroll, and custom fields.
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies not working links via Dashboard and email.
- Makes all broken links display differently in posts.
- Also, it prevents following broken links of search engines.
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Broken links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
4. WP Super Cache:
Best and lightweight WordPress cache plugin, easy to configure and get best results. It makes your WordPress speed and improves page load time and SEO score. Wp Super Cache recommended settings:
- Simple caching.
- Compress pages.
- Don’t cache pages for known users.
- Cache rebuild.
- CDN support.
- Extra homepage checks.
5. EWWW Image Optimizer:
EWWW Image Optimizer is the best WordPress Image optimization plugin which available for free. It will increase performance and load time by optimizing images, also it will save your disk space and bandwidth.
This plugin has no speed limits, it has unlimited file size, automatic background optimization, and parallel optimization. There are no delays in uploading images, it has ExactCDN support to automatic image resize to fit the different screen sizes. it also enables lossless compression with the CDN support.
6. ShortPixel Image Optimizer:
ShortPixel is the best and freemium WordPress image optimization plugin. Using this plugin, you can improve load time, performance and SEO score. It will optimize images, documents and pdf files on your blog/site.
ShortPixel is the lightweight and easy to use the plugin, it has many features such as:
- Uses of a low/minimal resource.
- Works well in all kind of Hosting plans (Shared, Cloud, VPS, Dedicated).
- Automatically scale/resize images (background).
- Lossy and lossless compression (optional).
- Supports all image formats.
- Specially designed for photographers.
Note: Optimized images give a better user experience, best performance, good load time, best GTmetrix results, and better Google PageRank (more visitors).
7. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights:
This is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress sites. It will help you to connect your blog with Google Analytics without adding/modifying any code in your dashboard. By using this plugin, you can access all analytics data in your WordPress dashboard only.
A user Steven Gliebe said: It just works. Really easy way to link Google Analytics tracking code and keep it there when switching themes. No need to copy/paste the code anywhere. This is the best way to handle Google Analytics in WordPress.
8. Better Click to Tweet:
Better Click to Tweet is the best Twitter Share plugin for WordPress, this will enable to create your content easily tweetable. It will allow visitors to tweet/share posts directly from your blog posts.
- Fully customizable (CSS knowledge needed).
- Remove Via.
- Makes links no-follow (SEO purpose).
- Fully free to use.
9. OneSignal Push Notifications:
OneSignal is the best plugin to send the push notification and blog subscribers. It is completely free and using sony many users including big brands and websites in the digital world. OneSignal confirms that they are sending over 2.7 billion notifications per day (it’s amazing).
- Supports all kind of browsers (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
- Also supports all kind of mobile web browsers (you can target mobile visitors also).
- You can send automated notifications to the followers when you publish or update the content.
- You can send targeted notifications such as location, language and number of times visited.
- You can schedule your notifications to send in particular time.
10. Optimize YouTube Video Embed by XAdapter:
Best YouTube Video Embed WordPress plugin, it will avoid YouTube player each time your page loads on the browser. It will show YouTube Video as thumbnail after clicking the play button on a thumbnail the YouTube player will load to play video.
11. ShortCodes Ultimate:
Best tool to add visual and functional elements in WordPress Posts/Pages. By using this plugin, you can easily create tabs, buttons, boxes, sliders and carousels, responsive videos and much, read more about ShortCode Ultimate.
Best WordPress plugin to add beautiful mobile badges in your post/page. This is the easy to use plugin and lightweight and it has many features such as:
- Amazon App Store Support (Android).
- App Store (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and app bundles) and Mac App Store support.
- Chrome Web Store support.
- Firefox add-ons.
- GOG.com (Good Old Games).
- Google Play Store integration.
- Opera add-ons.
- Steam (only single games).
- Windows Store (Universal and Xbox Live).
- WordPress plugins.
- XDA Labs (Android).
- Read more about WP-Appbox.
13. UpDraft Plus Backup/Restore:
UpDraft Plus makes your Backup and Restore process easier, you can take backups to your cloud accounts like Google drive, Ondrive etc. This is the most using and high rated WordPress backup plugin available right now.
You can take backup directly into the cloud directly such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 (or compatible), UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, OpenStack Swift, and email. The paid version also backs up to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
14. Yoast SEO:
Yoast is the worlds No 1 SEO plugin for WordPress sites, it has 5+ million active installations. You can write killer content with the assist of Yoast readability analysis and focus keywords. This is the ultimate SEO plugin for beginners to SEO experts.
Yoast SEO features:
- It has advanced XML Sitemaps functionality.
- Keep control on site breadcrumbs: add a piece of code and you’re good to go.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content. Never have to worry about Google penalties again.
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- Expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and Woo Commerce SEO extensions.
- Yoast SEO Premium users get 1-year free access to their support team.
15. All in One SEO Pack:
After Yoast SEO all in one SEO pack places the 2nd position in top 10 SEO plugins category. It is very easy to configure and lightweight.
Check out All in One SEO Pack Features:
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing.
- Image XML Sitemap submitted to Google and Bing to improve your Image SEO
- Google AMP support (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Google Analytics support.
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types.
- Advanced Canonical URLs.
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post.
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about site changes.
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality.
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce.
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack.
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines.
- META tags automatically Generation.
- Avoids the duplicate content found on WordPress blogs.
- Beginners don’t need to look at the configuration options, it comes with recommended configuration. You just install.
- Advanced users can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO.
- Override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many plugins.
- 100% compactable PHP 7.0.
There are many free and paid plugins available for WordPress, but we are listed here the most useful plugins for everyone. These are the best WordPress Plugins, we personally tested and using right now on our blogs and site. Thanks for reading, keep sharing. Follow us on Facebook for more updates.