Gaming is the most popular category in Entertainment. Many people like to play games on their Windows PC, Mac and Linux desktops. Gameboy Advance games are the most popular games and these games liked by many people. But, the main drawback is we need to buy a 32-bit handheld video game console (which was developed, manufactured and marketed by Nintendo) to play these games.
So, here we have listed some Best GBA Emulators for all kind of Desktops, this article is completely for gaming people.
Best GameBoy (GBA) emulators for Android:
In the 20th century, the most advanced and powerful mobile operating system was introduced on smartphones. This is the major change in the mobile industry, due to free availability, open-source and many customizations. This makes people love this Linux based mobile operating system called Android.
Android made gaming easy on palm-sized smartphones, now you can play high-end mobile games to small puzzle games on Android devices.
ClassisBoy Android emulator is the powerful all-in-one game emulator for Android devices, it supports a wide range of Games such as PlayStation1 (PS1), Nintendo 64 (N64), GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Classic (GB), GameBoy Color (GBC), and many more.
- External joystick support.
- Maximum 4 players support.
- Auto-save and restore game state.
EmuBox is the fast game emulator available for Android and runs all your old game ROMs. This is also, an all-in-one game emulator for Android that supports a wide range of games.
- Emulated GBA, GBC, NES, PSX, NDS games on Android.
- Multi emulator with the material design.
- Fast forward support.
- Save and load/restore a game from any state.
- Setting to optimize performance.
3. My Boy! Emulator:
My Boy! is the best-paid GBA emulator as compared to many other paid emulators, it has 4.6-star ratings on play store. And the most downloaded emulator for Android. It runs all Game Boy Advance games on almost all range of Android smartphones (low-end to high-end configurations).
- Fastest emulation and smooth performance across all devices.
- Integrated battery saving system.
- No BIOS file needed to play a game.
- OpenGL and normal rendering.
- Save the game at any stage and start from there later.
- Sync saved games to Google Drive.
- External controllers support.
4. The Zafiro Simulator – Glass Edition:
The Zafiro Simulator is the ultimate free GBA emulator for your Android, it has 4.7-star ratings on play store.
- Guarantee 60 fps on any old hardware configuration.
- Fastest emulator on any device.
- Fast forward and slow-motion.
- Save and restore the Game state.
GBA.emu is the paid emulator with advanced emulation features, it has 4.5-star ratings on play store. It has many built-in features and gives good performance across all devices.
- Based on VBA-M r1097.
- Designed and tested on Samsung, Sony, Nexus devices.
- No BIOS file needed.
- Cheat code support.
- Screen orientation support.
6. John GBA:
John GBA emulator is available in two modes such as paid and free versions. The difference between these two is free version contains ads and the paid version does not serve ads. Here are download links for both, also feature are listed below.
- Original GBA engine.
- Supports cheat codes.
- You can search Game files stored in the device.
- Save and restore the game state.
- Fast forward and slow motion.
- Sync to DropBox.
- No ads and no internet connection required (available in paid version).
RetroArch is the best opensource GBA emulator for Android devices. You can download and install it for free from below download link.
- You can remap keys as per your requirement.
- It supports cheat codes.
- Multi-language support.
- Timely updates.
GBC.emu is the open-source and advanced GameBoy (color) emulator for Android. It was tested on Samsung, Sony and many other Android devices.
- Supports cheat codes.
- Backup and restore the game state.
- Works on any screen orientation.
- Supports Wii controls.
9. My OldBoy:
My OldBoy emulator comes in two modes one is paid and another one is free, the free version serves ads and paid comes with full features with zero ads. It has a 4.6-star rating on Google play store and downloaded many users.
- Compatible with all games.
- Battery saving mode helps to play a long time.
- Save games at any time and restore it later.
- IPS/UPS ROM patching.
- External game controller support.
- Remapping the game controller keys.
Best GameBoy (GBA) Emulators for Windows and MAC OS:
Here are the 7 best GBA (Gameboy Advance) emulators for Windows, Linux and Mac Operating Systems. These are the best and free Game Emulators available. You can download these Game Emulators from here.
1. VisualBoyAdvance Emulator:
VisualBoyAdvance (VBA) is the best free GBA Emulator for PC`s and this is available for many Operating Systems. Such as Windows, including Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and BeOS. Also, the VisualBoyAdvance emulator has ported to AmigaOS 4, AROS, GameCube, Wii, webOS, and Zune HD.
- Can play Game Boy Color, Game Boy, and Gameboy Advance ROMs.
- You Export and import saved games to another PC.
- Joystick Support.
- Full-Screen mode and Screen capture support.
- Audio and Video recording.
2. mGBA Emulator for Windows:
mGBA is the best Gameboy Advance emulator Pc. This can be available for many platforms such as Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, and PlayStation Vita.
mGBA Emulator features:
- Compatible with the NES Classic series.
- 4 player Local multi-pack link cable support.
- Extensive hardware-based emulation.
- Solar sensor emulation.
- Tilt sensor emulation and Rumble Pak emulation for games.
- Support for BPS/beat, IPS and UPS patching at runtime, including ROMs.
- Cheat code support and Save game states.
- Fast-forwarding and rewinding.
3. No$gba Emulator for PC:
With No$GBA Nintendo DS and NDS emulator, you can play your favorite Gameboy Advance games on PC. No$gba is available in 2 versions which are debugged version and gaming version. The main advantage is it can run both Windows and DOS Operating Systems.
No$gba GBA Emulator features:
- Multiplayer support.
- Multiple NDs ROM support.
- You can play GBA and DS games.
- Controller Support.
- Good best Graphics support.
4. Higan GBA Emulator for PC:
Higan is a multi-system GBA Game emulator for PC. It can support multiple OS such as FreeBSD 10.0+, Windows 7+ (32 and 64-bit), Linux 3.2+, and macOS X 10.7+. And anyone can easily install and use the Higan emulator on PC.
Higan GBA Emulator features:
- Supports full-screen.
- Can store cheat codes easily?
- Higan has SRAM and input settings.
- It can support a wide range of ROMs.
- It can support NES & SNES games.
- Easy to use and install on PC.
5. RascalBoy Emulator for PC:
RascalBoy Gameboy Advance Games emulator is another best Game Emulator for PC. It has many interesting features also getting updates this will make RascalBoy Emulator more interesting. In size, it is very small and works fine and supports all kind of GBA ROMS. If you are a game lover you must try this on your PC.
RascalBoy Advance Emulator Features:
- RascalBoy Emulator has multiple language support.
- Also, this emulator supports multiplayer gaming.
- Small size Emulator ().
- Cheat code supported.
- Easy to operate.
6. BoycottAdvance Emulator:
BoycottAdvance is the best Nintendo Gameboy Advance Emulator for PC. It can run a wide range of commercial games and supports many GBA ROMS. But this can not emulate the classic Gameboy if you want to emulate classic Gameboy you need to use the KiGB Emulator instead of the BoycottAdvance Emulator.
Boycott Advance Emulator features:
- Highly optimized CPU emulation.
- Full speed on macOS.
- Video features including scaling and rotation.
- Supports DirectSound channel and Gameboy PSG.
Boycott Advance Emulator Enhancer features:
- USB joysticks and gamepads support.
- Full-screen mode support.
- Audio effects support.
- You can quickly open recent games.
7. BatGBA Emulator:
BatGBA emulator is the best and free Gameboy Advance game emulator for PC. This simple and light version emulator has many features and it will run very smoothly on all PC configurations.
BatGBA Emulator features:
- BatGBA requires win9x or NT or 2000 or XP with direct-X 7 or later. And a BIOS image.
- A fast CPU (we recommend at least 800mhz).
- Sources are not available at the moment.
- Supports many kinds of ROMS and BIOS images.
Best GameBoy (GBA) emulators for iOS:
We have few apps to play GBA games on iPhones, iPads &, etc., among iOS GBA emulators GBA4iOS and Delta Emulator are popular emulators. Both emulators allow you to play GBA, GBC, GB, SNES, and more Nintendo games on iPhone or iPad, and we are expecting more to be added in the future.
So, how does it work? First, let us tell you how to install AltStore and download GBA4iOS so you can start playing your GBA games straight away.
How to Download AltStore:
This is a much safer and easier alternative to jailbreaking but not so easy as downloading a standard app store app. Before you start, you will need to get a few things together:
- Your iPhone or iPad.
- Windows PC or Mac.
- USB-Lightning cable.
The first thing you need to do is check your iTunes installation. If you are using Windows and you downloaded iTunes via the Microsoft app store, you need to delete it and reinstall it using the official Apple website. And, regardless of which desktop platform you are using, your version of iTunes must be up to date. Here’s how to check:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click the Help button.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- If an update is found, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Once you have done that, you are ready to start:
- Connect your device to your computer using the correct cable.
- Open your desktop browser and go to the AltStore download page.
- Install the correct version of AltServer for your operating system.
- Open AltServer and run it.
- On a Mac, click on the AltServer icon on the toolbar) and choose Install AltStore from the drop-down menu; next, choose your device.
- On Windows 10, Go to the icon tray and click on the icon for AltServer; click Install AltStore and choose your device.
- AltServer will now send AltStore straight to your iPhone or iPad.
- When it is installed on your device, maintain the connection between your device and computer and keep AltServer open on your computer.
- Launch AltStore, choose your app and click on it to download it – it will be sent straight to your phone.
Unlike downloading apps from the official app store, to download anything from AltStore, you need your device connected to your computer and AltServer running.
These are the best Gameboy Advance Emulators for Android, Windows, MAC OS, and iOS. And, all the above-mentioned Game Boy Advance Emulators are available for multi-platforms such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Try any of this emulator and share your experience here in the comment section. Thanks in advance, keep sharing, follow us on social media for more latest updates.