In routine people share files with friends and family etc., in earlier we use infrared, Bluetooth, and USB cable for sharing files with each other. Now smartphones arrived and changed all the traditional ways of sharing files between electronic gadgets such as smartphones, tablets pcs, desktops and laptops, etc.
2021’s best file sharing apps for Android and iOS smartphones:
The Wi-Fi technology in electronic devices makes users share large files easily between devices, but we need a 3rd party software application to perform this file-sharing task. Here we have listed a few best file sharing apps for mobiles that work on Android and iOS.
1# Shareit (Android & iOS):
Shareit is the most popular file-sharing application software among mobile phones, desktops, and laptops. You can transfer all kinds of files using Shareit, it is the most reliable, trusted, and compatible with most platforms like android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS.
The file transfer rate is 200 times faster than Bluetooth, and Shareit works on Wi-Fi technology to transfer files between devices. Also, the application has integrated features that will entertain you with online videos and music. And, Shareit listed top in the Best File Sharing Apps for Android and iOS list.
2# ShareMe (Mi Drop):
ShareMe (Mi Drop) is the file-sharing/transfer application for Android mobiles, it was developed by Xiaomi technologies which is the biggest mobile manufacturer from china. This also works on a Wi-Fi connection and faster than Bluetooth.
This is an ad-free application, works on all android devices. By using ShareMe you can share files to desktops, daptops, and iOS devices through FTP (file transfer protocol) mode.
AirDrop is the multiplatform file sharing application that is available for android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. This is also, available as a web-based file transfer service you can check here. Now you can access and control your device remotely from windows and mac.
- Wifi file transfer over local network or remote network.
- AirDrop is 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
- Remote access provides a secure screen share and screen recording.
Xender is the best file transfer application for iOS and android, it simple application to transfer files over Wi-Fi between smartphones. You can transfer all kinds of files using the Xender app with 200X faster than Bluetooth.
- Use a friendly design.
- No restrictions.
- The file manager integrated.
- Multi-language support.
5# Send Anywhere:
Send Anywhere is the multi-platform file sharing application software for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS. This app allows you to transfer all kinds of files over Wi-Fi direct and the internet also.
Send Anywhere offers free and premium plans for sharing files through the internet, the premium plan starts around $5. Check out more features:
- Available as an Outlook addon.
- Available as a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Available as a WordPress plugin.
6# Portal/Pushbullet – Wifi file transfer (Android & iOS):
Transferring files with Portal/Pushbullet Wifi file transfer app is now painless between devices like android, iOS, Windows and Mac. This application is also available as a browser extension for many popular web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
Feem v4 share files online is a cross-platform file sharing application software available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. This app will transfer files using Wi-Fi this 200X faster than Bluetooth.
- Do not require the internet.
- Devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Transfer any type of files without any restrictions.
8# Firefox Send:
Like WeTransfer, firefox send is a web-based file sharing service by Mozilla called Firefox Send, the service is available as web-based file sharing with end-to-end encryption. You can also use its mobile application for android devices.
- End-to-end file encryption.
- Auto expiry of files uploaded by the user.
- Supports large files (up to 2.50GB file size), signup required.
- Collaborating and presentation with co-workers.
Advantages of file sharing apps:
With file transfer applications you can say goodbye to USB cables and Bluetooth, and share unlimited files without any restrictions with faster and reliable. And, we have many advantages with these file transfer applications, some applications have many advanced features like file organizer, audio and video player, online video player, and large file cleaner.
- Works on Wifi connection so 200X faster than Bluetooth.
- Available for multiple platforms like android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
- No internet and physical connection required.
- Devices must be connected to the same wifi connection.
- Or you can turn one device to a Wi-Fi hotspot to Wi-Fi connectivity.