The best gaming laptops are evidence that modern technology is advancing. With the heavy and big size computer, we have come to the lighter and easier laptop. A gaming laptop is a lightweight, handheld computer with a built-in monitor. Gaming Laptops with updated features are the same as regular or enterprise laptops but the upgraded specification and features make them different from other regular laptops. The best gaming laptops mean high-performance speed, high memory, high GUI, etc.
Find more details at our comprehensive “laptop buying checklist | What are crucial features/specifications to look for while buying a laptop?”
Top 15 Best Gaming Laptops You Should Buy in 2021:
Gaming laptops are specially developed and manufactured with specialized gaming requirements in mind. Compared to the regular or standard laptop the gaming laptop is expensive because of its unique features and specification. Gaming laptops aren’t for gaming purpose only, you can also use for other regular purposes.
1# MSI GE66 Raider:
- CPU: Intel Core i9 Processor up to 10th generation.
- Display: 6″ FHD 1,920 x 1,080, 300Hz, IPS-Level
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER With Max-Q Model, 8GB GDDR6
- Memory: Up to DDR4-3200, 2 Slots, Max 64GB
- Pros: 300Hz monitor optional, Excellent standard structure
- Cons: Loud cooling fan, Buggy, Challenging software for customization
- Best Laptop under $2500
MSI offers so many gaming laptops that it’s almost difficult to pick the best gaming laptops. If you had to try, however, the GE66 Raider would have been a successful candidate. Its look is aggressive with a 15.60-inch display. The laptop begins at $1,725, but our $2,999 review model features an 8-bit, Intel Core X-generation i9 CPU, as well as a 300Hz full-HD (1080p) Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q graphics processor. The MSI GE66 Raider carries 512GB of SSD storage space.
2# Asus ROG Zephyrus G14:
- CPU: Ryzen R5-4600HS AMD Ryzen 5
- Display: 00” FHD1920 x 1080, 120Hz
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1,650 & 2,060 with Max-Q model
- Memory: 16GB DDR4-3200, 8GB onboard, 8GB SODIMM
- Pros: Clean and appealing look, 14-inch portable build for a gaming laptop
- Cons: Backlighting problem in the keyboard, No webcam, Loud fan
- Best Laptop under $1500
Asus has collaborated up with AMD to double the rise of rapidly lightweight gaming laptops with the ROG Zephyrus G14. The key highlight of this laptop is the first “Zen 2” laptop with the newest AMD chip, Ryzen 9 4900HS. The style is also very good, with the Anime Matrix LED panel on the CNC milled dot-matrix lid radiating a modern design. It’s only 1.69kg and easy to carry compared to other gaming laptops. It gives an 11-hour battery backup for the workstation. It’s comparatively cheaper than other laptops.
3# Razer Blade 15:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-10875H 2.3GHz (8-core, 16MB cache, up to 5.1GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060-2080 Super Max Q (8GB GDDR6)
- Display: 15” FHD 1,920 x 1,080 IPS-Level, 300Hz
- Memory: 16GB of DDR4 (2,933MHz)
- Pros: Compact & slim design, Extremely effective hardware, Up to 300Hz refresh rate
- Cons: Expensive, Loud fan, Low battery life
- Best Laptop under $2000
In 2021, Razer Blade15, with its classy security from the graphical chips Intel Comet Lake-H and RTX Super Max-Q, preserved its history. Not all gaming laptops ought to be huge. Razer’s Blade series aims to incorporate the graphical capability of game consoles and blends the slim design factor of small and compact laptops. There are two types of display in this gaming laptop. One is OLED and another one IPS display. The best display is OLED because of its color quality and accuracy.
4# Dell Alienware Area-51m:
- CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K up to 10th Gen
- GPU: RTX 2080 Mega 8GB GDDR6 NVIDIA GeForce GDDR6
- Display: 3” Full HD 1,920 x 1,080, 144 Hz, IPS
- Memory: 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2933MHz
- Pros: Overclocking, Upgradable, Sublime full-round performance
- Cons: No 4K OLED display, Limited Max-Q, Heavyweight
- Best Laptop under $3000
It’s expensive compared to other gaming laptops. This laptop is designed in a Sci-Fi style so-named as “Alienware”. The weight of this laptop is 4.40 kg which is heavy in terms of other laptops. Both CPU and GPU are also upgradable which isn’t common in other laptops. When the laptops heat it takes a loud noise of fan which is disturbing. Overall, area-51 is one of the most well-built, efficient, and customizable gaming laptops and it’s a device that all gamers need to try out when looking for their next update.
5# Acer Nitro 5:
- CPU: Intel Core 2.3GHz i5-8300H (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz)
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (4GB VRAM);
- Display: Acer ComfyView (IPS LED) LCD 5.6″ FHD 1,920 x 1,080
- Memory: 8GB SDRAM (DDR4)
- Pros: Budget gaming laptop, Strong battery support, RGB keyboard
- Cons: Low audio, Thick display, No SD and microSD slots
- Best Laptop Under $1000
This laptop is one of the cheapest gaming laptops you wanted to buy. Users may think because of the cheap price it provides a low gaming experience which is opposed to the expectation. The 2021 edition looks much better, with the Ryzen 5000 series chips included in most units and everything from the GTX 1650 to the RTX 3080. The cheapest model comes in $700 and the most expensive model comes in a $2300 with RTX 3080 graphics card.
6# Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15:
- CPU: Ryzen AMD 9 5900HX
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU laptop
- Display: ScreenPad Plus: 14.1 inches 3840 x 1100 or 1920×550 5.6′ UHD 120Hz/8ms or FHD 300 Hz/3ms
- Memory: 16GB to 32GB
- Pros: Innovative secondary positioned display, 4k screen, Great graphics power
- Cons: limited refresh rate, No webcam, Very expensive
- Best Laptop Under $5000
It’s the best dual screening gaming laptop With one screen One you can use to display game or game stats, or can watch some YouTube while you’re playing, or do something else with it, and with another, you can do chat in discord. The 4K monitor reveals that our model comes out at a refresh rate of 60Hz. You can also change it with a display at a refresh rate of 300Hz if you’re able to head down to a resolution of 1920 x 1080. That might be a hot spot for a lot of prospective buyers.
7# Alienware m17:
- CPU: Intel Core i9-9980HK 2.4GHz (8-core, 16MB cache, up to 5.0GHz)
- GPU: 2080 Nvidia GeForce RTX (8GB GDDR6)
- Display: IPS, 144Hz, 17.3-inch Full HD 1,920 x 1,080
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 (2,66MHz)
- Pros: Aesthetic sci-fi design, Snappy keyboard, Strong port range, and extras including backlight
- Cons: Expensive when you customize, low battery life
- Best Laptop Under $2000
It’s one of the thinnest 17-inch gaming laptops available on the market. The i7-8750H is the 8th Intel CPU that is efficient enough to run all games over 60 FPS in conjunction with the RTX 2070 MaxQ Graphic Chip. You can do Video Editing and other productive activities. You can also go for a 120 Hz display with an RTX 2060 MaxQ chip that will cost you some efficiency, but the 120 Hz refresh rate can also make a major impact. For now, there’s no 1080p of 120 Hz.
8# Lenovo Legion Y740:
- CPU: Intel Core I7-8750H 2.20GHz (Hexa-core, 9MB cache, up to 4.10GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q model (8GB GDDR5)
- Display: 6″ FHD (1920 x 1080), NVIDIA G-SYNC, (144 Hz refresh rate)
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Pros: Refresh rate of 144Hz and support for Dolby Vision,
- Cons: Run very hot, No SD card slot, low battery life
- Best Laptop Under $2000
The Lenovo Legion Y740 has an understated style for a gaming laptop that we like. The all-aluminum chassis is very robust and sturdy. The lid has a vertically oriented logo with the RGB LED. Overall efficiency is outstanding in games and multi-tasking. The stereo speakers still get decently noisy, but we found a little distortion at the top load. Even on battery power, this laptop runs hot. The battery backup is also very low.
9# ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS S GX701:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2GHz (Hexa-core, 9MB cache, up to 4.1GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q (8GB GDDR6 VRAM) Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Display: 3” Full HD (1,920×1,080) IPS, Pantone Valided (144Hz refresh rate with Nvidia G-Sync)
- Memory: 24GB DDR4 (2,666MHz)
- Pros: Quite compact and slim build, Staggering Gaming Power, 17-inch screen with thin bezels
- Cons: Very Expensive, Short battery life, Crammed keyboard
- Best Laptop Under $2000
The Asus ROG gaming series also offers the finest gaming laptops available on the market and Zephyrus S GX701 is one of them in full specs. The GX701 is an i7 9750H CPU with an RTX 2080 Max Q graphics processor. With the underclocked CPU, the temperature remains under control as compared to other laptops. The average battery life of this laptop is 3 hours on light usage. You need an external webcam to connect the device.
10# Acer Predator Helios 300:
- CPU: Intel Core 2.2GHz i7-8750H (Hexa-core, 9MB cache, up to 4.1GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060. Intel UHD Graphics 630; (6GB GDDR5)
- Display: ComfyView IPS: 15.6″FHD (1.920 x 1.080) (144Hz refresh rate)
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 (2,666MHz)
- Pros: Good gameplay performance of 1080p, Space with three hard drives
- Cons: Strong sharp corner of metal chassis, Loud fan and get too hot
- Best Laptop Under $1500
It’s an efficient laptop for gaming at $1000 for a budget. It will take place in low to high conditions in the most challenging games. It has a refresh rate of 144Hz you can just see with its kind of compact laptops. And it has an accurate color spectrum clean, 1080p display. The latest and updated Helios 300 has a 240 Hz iPS panel and smaller displays are supported by the newest and improved Helios 300 that suits the trendy thinner and lighting scheme. The laptop has 2x SSD slots, plus an HDD that helps you to upgrade the storage quickly.
11# Dell G5:
- CPU: Intel Core 2.2GHz i7-8750H
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
- Display: 6” 1080p, 60Hz
- Memory: 16GB
- Pros: Good gameplay efficiency, Decent battery life, vibrant display
- Cons: Cramped keyboard, Confusing options for setup
- Best Laptop Under $1000
It’s also one of the cheapest laptops on the market as the starting price is $879.99 with limited specs. The i7-9750H is a good gaming processor and can perform all games perfectly. The GTX 1650 is a budget GPU chip that can run older AAA games at 1080p. For others, the battery life may be frustrating. You should assume 2-3 hours of medium use backup. The keyboard has RGB lighting. Overall, the laptop finish is bulky and weighs around 2.68 kg.
12# HP Omen 15:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H 10th-gen
- GPU: GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
- Display: 6” 1,920 x 1,080 pixel IPS LCD, 144Hz
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM
- Pros: Overall good gaming performance, Vivid display, Reasonable price
- Cons: One storage drive, low audio speaker
- Best Laptop Under $1200
For the HP Omen 15 ($1,299 tested, beginning at $849), the improvements continue with a streamlined design complete with a new design. And the Omen 15 is the newest gaming laptop to render an Intel switch with the AMD Ryzen 7 processor combined with discreet Nvidia graphics. The laptop also boasts a stunning Full HD monitor and a good battery life. HP Omen 15 comes with an amazing cooling frame, a fast 144Hz refresh rate screen, and an adjustable backlight keyboard.
13# Asus TUF A15:
- CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H AMD
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6) built-in Radeon Graphics
- Display: IPS 15.6-inch, resolution 1920 x 1080, 144 Hz, G-Sync
- Memory: 16GB DDR4-3200
- Pros: Day-long life of the battery, Strong gaming performance, Stunning latest 8-core AMD APU90 Wh
- Cons: No webcam, Dark screen
- Best Laptop Under $1000
The Ryzen 7 4800H APU processor with AMD 8 core is one of the best mid-budget laptops for gaming. It uses Asus’ HyperCool technology to provide efficient cooling even during the most extreme usage, but fan noise can become very noisy when you push the Asus to its limits. This laptop is just 0.8 inches (20.3mm) wide and weighs only 2kg (4.5lb) to make a laptop very compact and light.
14# Gigabyte Aero 15:
- CPU: Intel 10th Gen Core i7-10875H eight-core CPU
- GPU: RTX 2070 Super Max-Q: Nvidia GeForce (8GB GDDR6)
- Display: OLED panel with a resolution of 15.6”, 3840×2160, 60Hz
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 (2,933MHz)
- Pros: OLED screen, Decent battery backup, Strong number of ports
- Cons: Web placement, loud fan noise
- Best Laptop Under $2500
The Gigabyte Aero 15 is the newest edition of the Taiwanese company’s flagship laptop, renewed and revised for 2020 with 10th generation Intel processors and Nvidia’s latest RTX 2070 Super GUI. With OLED display the laptops don’t come at a cheaper price. All AAA titles run smoothly at 1080p. it’s a perfect gaming display due to its high refresh rate. The laptop is lightweight and comes with Microsoft Azure AI to boost Windows use.
15# Acer Aspire 7:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor
- GPU: GTX 1050 NVIDIA GeForce
- Display: 6”, Full HD 1,920 x 1,080, IPS
- Memory: 8GB (1x 8192MB)-DR4, 2400MHz
- Pros: Convenient keyboard, strong battery backup
- Cons: No support for Thunderbolt, No SD card slot
- Best Laptop Under $1000
Aspire 7 offers decent performance and modern games require some adjustment in video settings. The display is fine if you’re trying to play games. The light is a little poor, so the outdoor use is going to be difficult. And colors, too, are not precise enough for Photo editors. The battery life is not good, it will last 2-3 hours for average use.